Sr. Project Engineer/Project Manager for Wastewater Treatment |
BHC Consultants is a consulting engineering, planning, and building code and construction compliance firm with offices in Seattle, Tacoma, and Bellingham, Washington. We are currently seeking a full time Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager with experience in wastewater treatment to join our engineering group in one of our three office locations. Collaboration with staff in all offices should be expected; preferred location can be prioritized.
BHC is a growing firm with a significant backlog of municipal consulting services contracts for cities, counties, and special purpose districts in the Northwest, supported primarily by Western Washington clients. We are proud to be an employee-owned and managed consulting firm committed to the development and retention of our employees within a positive, collaborative, and challenging work environment. We are committed to a healthy work-life balance for all staff.
BHC has a long history of assisting many different clients in the Puget Sound region with their wastewater treatment needs including planning, evaluations, pilot testing, design, services during construction, optimization, permitting, and on-call support. BHC has enough staff and expertise to serve many larger municipalities, but is also adaptable and efficient enough to serve smaller municipalities and some industrial clients. BHC has been at the forefront of partnering with energy services companies (ESCOs) operating in the area that offer alternate deliveries for projects focusing on reducing energy consumption by wastewater utilities. BHC is also continually learning about, engaging with, and evaluating new technologies for our clients such as recent projects and pilot tests involving peracetic acid for disinfection, mobile organic biofilm for activated sludge processes, and gasification and pyrolysis for biosolids processing. With the ongoing Puget Sound Nutrient Reduction Project, there will be many opportunities to help new and existing clients navigate their pathway to meeting pending nitrogen limits.
The Sr. Project Engineer/Project Manager will:
- Have a key role in the continued growth of the company by helping to maintain relationships and manage projects with existing clients and helping to develop new clients and projects.
- Demonstrate work experience in municipal engineering, primarily focused on wastewater treatment process design, but also having an understanding of related electrical, structural, instrumentation, and civil design aspects.
- Be primarily responsible for executing projects involving wastewater treatment, but also be flexible in working on other civil engineering projects based on workload and project needs.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills including the ability to develop scopes of work, budgets, and schedules during project planning, and the ability to deliver quality projects on time and within budget.
- Independently coordinate staffing and workload throughout entire project development and ensure completion of deliverables on schedule.
- Track financial aspects of projects and coordinate and adjust work effort with the team to ensure that work is completed.
- Bachelor of Science (Civil, Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering)
- Licensed Professional Engineer. State of Washington PE license required within 6 months of date of hire.
- 10+ years demonstrated success working on multi‐disciplinary engineering projects.
- Demonstrated success working on wastewater treatment projects including design, process evaluations, planning, and/or testing.
- Strong technical leadership, mentoring and project management background.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee‐owned culture.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and MS Project
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit (BIM) design software products
- Experience with wastewater process modeling software (e.g., BioWin)
- Master’s Degree
- Professional society involvement
- Established clientele and professional relationships
- Project management training, PMP certification or similar technical design leadership
- Generous total compensation package
- Monthly commute/home office stipend for transportation, parking, home office expenses
- Monthly cell phone stipend with business necessity
- 100% company paid employee medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 60% company paid dependent health and vision insurance
- 50% company paid dependent dental insurance
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options to achieve tax savings
- Flexible schedules
- Reimbursement for professional registrations/renewals and approved training/conferences
- Paid memberships in professional organizations
- Employee referral bonus program
- Career guide mentorship program
- Paid time off (sick, vacation, holidays, and volunteer day)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution
- Ownership opportunity
BHC Consultants, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. BHC Consultants, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status or any other basis that is prohibited by federal, state, or local law.