Sr. Project Engineer/Project Manager for Solid Waste |
BHC Consultants is a consulting engineering, planning, and building code and construction compliance firm with offices in Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, and Spokane Washington. We are currently seeking a full-time Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager or Senior Project Architect/Project Manager with experience in solid waste facility design to join our engineering group in one of our three office locations. Collaboration with staff in all offices should be expected; preferred location can be prioritized.
BHC is a growing firm with a significant backlog of municipal consulting services contracts for cities, counties, and special purpose districts in the Northwest, supported primarily by Western Washington clients. We are proud to be an employee-owned and managed consulting firm committed to the development and retention of our employees within a positive, collaborative, and challenging work environment. We are committed to a healthy work-life balance for all staff and offer the flexibility to achieve that balance.
BHC has a long history of assisting many different municipal clients in the Pacific Northwest with solid waste facility needs including planning, alternatives analysis, design, support during bidding, services during construction, assistance during operation, permitting, and on-call support. BHC has developed one of the most experienced municipal landfill design practices in the Pacific Northwest with projects in Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and Nevada. The ideal candidate would be able to develop more work on solid waste transfer stations, materials recovery stations and other related facilities.
The Sr. Project Engineer(Architect)/Project Manager will:
- Play a key role in the continued growth of the company by helping to maintain relationships and manage projects with existing clients and helping to develop new clients and transfer station design projects.
- Demonstrate work experience in solid waste facility engineering, primarily focused on design of transfer stations and resource recovery facilities, but also demonstrate an understanding of related leachate, landfill gas, landfill, and related engineering design aspects.
- Be primarily responsible for executing projects involving solid waste facilities, but also be flexible in working on other civil engineering projects based on workload and project needs.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills including the ability to develop scopes of work, budgets, and schedules during project planning, and the ability to deliver quality projects on time and within budget.
- Independently coordinate staffing and workload throughout entire project development and ensure completion of deliverables on schedule.
- Track financial aspects of projects and coordinate and adjust work effort with the team to ensure that work is completed.
- Bachelor of Science (Civil or Environmental Engineering is preferred.) or similar Architecture credentials
- Licensed Professional Engineer. State of Washington PE license required within 6 months of date of hire. Licensed Professional Architect, State of Washington license required within 6 months of date of hire is acceptable.
- 10+ years demonstrated success working on multi‐disciplinary engineering or architecture projects.
- Demonstrated success working on transfer station and other solid waste facility projects including masterplan development, permitting, design, evaluation of operations, and providing services during construction.
- Strong technical leadership, mentoring, and project management background.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee‐owned culture.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- Familiarity with bluebeam or other pdf markup tool
The following would also be of benefit:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and/or Revit (BIM) design software products
- Experience with solid waste facility operating procedures and practices
- Master’s Degree
- Professional society involvement
- Established clientele and professional relationships
- Project management training, PMP certification, or similar technical design leadership
- Generous total compensation package
- Monthly commute/home office stipend for transportation, parking, home office expenses
- Monthly cell phone stipend with business necessity
- 100% company paid employee Health, Life, and Disability insurance
- 60% company paid dependent Health Insurance
- 50% company paid dependent Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options to achieve tax savings
- Flexible schedules
- Reimbursement for professional registrations/renewals and approved training/conferences
- Paid memberships in professional organizations
- Employee referral bonus program
- Career guide mentorship program
- Paid time off (sick, vacation, holidays, and volunteer day)
- We offer broad based company ownership to employees at all levels, with no majority owners, and where everyone can share in the benefits of ownership. This model is unique to BHC and gives us local control, ease of leadership transition, flexibility, and the freedom to control our destiny.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
BHC Consultants, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. BHC Consultants, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status or any other basis that is prohibited by federal, state, or local law.