Staff Engineer |
BHC Consultants is a consulting engineering, planning, and building code and construction compliance firm with offices in Seattle, Tacoma, and Bellingham, Washington. We are seeking energetic, dedicated, and resourceful full time Staff Engineer candidates who are eager to fast track their careers under the tutelage of respected senior professional engineers and project managers. Collaboration with staff in all offices should be expected; preferred location can be prioritized.
BHC is a growing firm with a significant backlog of municipal consulting services contracts for cities, counties, and special purpose districts in the Northwest, supported primarily by Western Washington clients. We are proud to be an employee-owned and managed consulting firm committed to the development and retention of our employees within a positive, collaborative, and challenging work environment. We are committed to a healthy work-life balance for all staff.
The primary responsibilities of the Staff Engineer will include:
- Prepare utility (water, wastewater, stormwater, or solid waste) studies, evaluations, engineering reports, and comprehensive plans.
- Coordinate and develop technical plans, specifications and cost estimates for water and wastewater treatment, pumping, storage, and pipeline facilities, as well as solid waste transfer and disposal facilities.
- Develop expertise in the use of engineering software modeling and analysis tools.
- Develop understanding of Federal and State regulations, as well as local jurisdictional requirements, that guide our work products.
- Research available infrastructure technologies and products used in the construction of water, wastewater, stormwater, and solid waste facilities.
- Perform field work that might include technology pilot testing, construction observation, startup and commissioning, and facility evaluation and condition assessments.
- Bachelor of Science (Civil, Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering)
- Engineer‐in‐Training (EIT) certification preferred
- Experience: 0 – 4 Years
The following would also be of benefit:
- Communication, leadership, public speaking, and technical writing
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience with proprietary hydraulic modeling products (Innovyze, Bentley, Visual Hydraulics)
- Experience with public domain water resource modeling products (EPANET, SWMM, HEC-RAS, HSPF, or locally applicable WWHM)
- Experience with wastewater process modeling products (BioWin, SUMO, GPS-X)
- Experience with Hydrologic Evaluation of Landfill Performance (HELP) modeling products
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, GIS and/or Revit (BIM) design software products
- Professional society involvement
- Construction and safety training
- Completed course work in fluid dynamics, water/wastewater treatment, hydrology, water chemistry, construction contracting, and/or solid waste management
- Generous total compensation package
- 100% company paid Orca transportation pass
- 100% company paid employee Health, Life, and Disability insurance
- 60% company paid dependent Health Insurance
- 50% company paid dependent Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options to achieve tax savings
- Flexible schedules
- Reimbursement for professional registrations and renewals
- Paid memberships in professional organizations
- Paid time off (sick, vacation, holidays)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution
- Ownership opportunity
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BHC Consultants, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. BHC Consultants, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status or any other basis that is prohibited by federal, state, or local law.