CAD Technician |
BHC Consultants is a consulting engineering, planning, and building code and construction compliance firm with offices in Seattle, Tacoma, and Bellingham. We are in need of a full-time CAD Technician in one of our three office locations. Collaboration with staff in all offices should be expected; preferred location can be prioritized.
BHC is a growing firm with a significant backlog of municipal consulting services contracts for cities, counties, and special purpose districts in the Northwest, supported primarily by Western Washington clients. We are proud to be an employee-owned and managed consulting firm committed to the development and retention of our employees within a positive, collaborative, and challenging work environment. We are committed to a healthy work-life balance for all staff and offer the flexibility to achieve that balance.
The CAD Technician will be able to produce engineering drawings from design information provided by engineers. The incumbent will work with engineers to interpret design concepts, determine nature and type of required detailed working drawings, and coordinate work with others.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Drafts design drawings.
- Retrieves information from computer files and displays information on screen, utilizing specialized software.
- Uses software to zoom in, redesign, modify or edit drawing, and to transfer drawing from computer to hard copy.
- Completes product or project designs before project deadline.
- Analyzes data.
- Verifies accuracy and completeness of drawings.
- May compile data, compute quantities, determine materials needed, and prepare cost estimates.
- Preforms other duties as needed and/ or assigned.
Key Work Relationships
The CAD Technician will work with other engineers which will require demonstration of strong competency and exemplary trustworthiness. The incumbent must be respectful of individuals of different cultural differences and personalities and be able to accept different personalities and work styles. This position will also interact with software providers on an as- needed basis.
Education and Experience
- Technical or community college education in using Land Desktop and AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience in engineering/architectural CAD preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong and diverse knowledge base and proven experience in reading multi-disciplined drawings and concept understanding.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Must have the ability to prepare for and conduct interviews and presentations
- Ability to work overtime as need to adhere to project deadlines.
Certificates, Licenses, and registrations
- Washington State Driver’s License and insurable driving record preferred.
Why Join Our Team?
- Generous total compensation package
- Monthly commute/home office stipend for transportation, parking, home office expenses
- Monthly cell phone stipend with business necessity
- 100% company paid employee medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 60% company paid dependent health and vision insurance
- 50% company paid dependent dental insurance
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options to achieve tax savings
- Flexible schedules
- Reimbursement for professional registrations/renewals and approved training/conferences
- Paid memberships in professional organizations
- Employee referral bonus program
- Career guide mentorship program
- Paid time off (sick, vacation, holidays, and volunteer day)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution
- We offer broad based company ownership to employees at all levels, with no majority owners, and where everyone can share in the benefits of ownership. This model is unique to BHC and gives us local control, ease of leadership transition, flexibility, and the freedom to control our destiny.
Please submit your cover letter and resume here:
BHC Consultants, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. BHC Consultants, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status or any other basis that is prohibited by federal, state, or local law.