Building Code and Construction Compliance Manager |
BHC Consultants is seeking candidates with experience in building and construction code compliance who are ready to make the next move in their career and join a very lucrative private sector company!
We are a growing firm with a steady and significant backlog of municipal consulting services contracts for cities, counties, tribal agencies, military/federal government projects, and special purpose districts in the Northwest, supported primarily by Western Washington clients. We are proud to be an employee-owned and managed consulting firm committed to the development and retention of our employees within a positive, collaborative, and challenging work environment. We are committed to a healthy work-life balance for all staff.
If this sounds interesting, the successful candidate will take part in a succession training plan to ensure a solid transition over time. The Building Code and Construction Compliance (BC&CC) Group provides on-call and full-service building department services to municipal agencies, federal government, and Native American tribes throughout Western Washington. BHC Consultants is a consulting engineering, planning, and building code and construction compliance firm with offices in Seattle, Tacoma, and Bellingham, Washington.
The BC&CC Manager must be a highly motivated and self-directed individual. They will manage the day-to-day operation of the Building Code and Construction Compliance department at BHC. This role is intended to be a billable position. Billable duties will include performing plan review services and site inspection when needed to augment the inspection staff. Other duties include assisting with business development (we will mentor and guide the right fit candidate) and managing client relationships. Management responsibilities will include supervision of the BC&CC team of plan reviewers and inspectors, and group staffing. Positive and pro-active collaboration with internal staff and external clients and governmental agencies a must! Preferred work location can be discussed.
Primary Responsibilities to Include:
- Building Official duties for clients
- Plan Reviews in accordance with applicable codes
- Code Inspections
- Locate inspector candidates and participate in hiring
- Marketing to existing and potential clients
- Managing the Code Compliance department at BHC
- Must be an ICC certified plans examiner)
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of local building code regulations, policies, and procedures
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in reviewing construction plans and preparing written plan review correspondence
- Must possess the ability to positively interact with other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental agencies, and other clientele.
- Have strong computer skills and experience using MS Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exercise initiative and display independent judgment
- Be self-directed and self-motivated
- Willing to travel for business development or client meetings (includes mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle usage)
- Must have and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s license
- ICC Building Inspector or Combination Inspector
- ICC Certified Building Official
- Washington State Registered PE or SE a plus
- Understanding of municipal environments including the municipal decision-making process, political dynamics, municipal structure, and building department operations is a plus.
- Proposal writing experience, specifically responding to RFPs
- Experience with Bluebeam for plan review and other 3D design software is a plus
- Generous total compensation package
- 100% company paid employee Health, Life, and Disability Insurance
- 60% company paid dependent Health Insurance
- 50% company paid dependent Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options to achieve tax savings
- Flexible work schedules
- Reimbursement for professional registrations and renewals
- Paid memberships in professional organizations
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Paid time off (sick, vacation, holidays)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution
- BHC Consultants offers broad based company ownership to employees at all levels, with no majority owners, and where everyone can share in the benefits of ownership. This model is unique to BHC and gives us local control, ease of leadership transition, flexibility, and the freedom to control our destiny.
Out of State Relocation Allowance: Negotiable
Employment Type: Full Time/Exempt
BHC Consultants, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. BHC Consultants, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis that is prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.